Thursday, March 09, 2006

Still time to place those bets

Well yesterday was interesting.Of the 8 Ladies I could have met 3 were No-Shows.Of the 5 that were there 2 were nice but I could tell that neither of them were interested in me and I really wasn't in them either.So when I get the chance to fill in my sheet online I'll say yes to the other 3 and see where it leads to and see if they were interested enough in me to lead to another meeting.I'll bet the favorite though and guess that Casey went 0 for 3..............I know I think I sell myself short all the time,but to me it's true...........I don't have much to offer and after the fact I always think of things I could have said and talked about but didn't.....there was one lady who said she likes to go out but a nice night to her was a nice diner at home and a movie......Zippy didn't seem to register that one as a perfect set up for "I love to cook but I hate to do it just for myself"

I guess it just leads me to what someone told me once............I spend too much time expecting Ms Right to just walk up to me,smack me on the side of the head and say "Here I am...what next?"


TBC.................

15 comments:

Larilyn said...

If you were expecting Ms Right to do that, you wouldn't be going out to try and meet her.

And you do sell yourself short. You pessimist! ;)

Anonymous said...

Tom as my aunt once told me, you have to go out with a lot of Ms. wrongs to find Ms. Right...

Also it always seemed that if I was "dating" someone others would always come out of the wood work. Make sure you fill out that you would like to see all 5 again, what if they are different on a date.....

Unknown said...

natalie....did your aunt think you were a lesbian?? ;)

Stop selling yourself short Tom!! Ms. Right is out there! :)

Larilyn said...

Everyone with me!

Somewhere, out there.....
Beneath the pale moonlight.....


Somebody stop me!

Joanne said...

Crap! Now I have that song in my head, Larilyn. Thanks!

Tom...keep plugging away. The only way you can find what you're looking for is if you keep putting yourself out there.

Larilyn said...

And now my goal for the week has been accomplished. :-D

Kingmsmn67 said...

I don't think it has been because I can't name that song

Unknown said...

Obviously somebody hasn't watched An American Tail! It's only Linda Ronstadt and James Ingram at their best! ;)

Larilyn said...

Tom, I am deeply disappointed.

But now I know what to have on a CD when I come out there next month. :-D

Kingmsmn67 said...

Sorry.......can't say I've ever seen that movie.......that's the Mouse one though right?? with Fival or something like that....

Larilyn said...

Okay Tom, apparently one night of my trip we will be skipping theme parks of any kind and sitting down and watching a movie until you can sing that song from memory!

Larilyn said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Amber said...

We're trying to help Tom L2,not kill him w/ sapppy music.

Great, now it's stuck in my head!

Larilyn said...

Yes, but that is a CLASSIC movie. Come on, hearing it once won't kill him! Ha ha....

Traci said...

Last I looked I was a woman as well. I guess I can be added to that list of women friends too, huh? :)

Tom, I agree with the other "ladies" here, quit the selling yourself short $hit and get back out there!!