Thursday, January 05, 2006

The Kindness of Stangers,and wishing for Death

So.............The New Year is here and such a fine start it's had.......I started mine last Saturday the 31st.........Since I was going to go to my friend Alice's after work that night she didn't want to have to put my bike in her car so I said I would walk.......Well I started the 50 minuet walk and when I got about 3 minutes into it someone pulled over asking for directions.......I gave them directions and they offered to give me a ride to work...........Saved the 1.50 Bus fare so why not........So I get to work......Normal day for the must part but as they day went on I started to not feel the best.....No biggie......Maybe it's a cold or something..........I make it through the day and head to Alice's..........It's so nice to have a Friend that will cook for me......Surf and Turf dinner of Stake and Lobster.....Who could pass that up for New Years Eve.......After eating we decided that we would head to Epcot to see the Fireworks at Midnight.....I still wasn't feeling all that hot so I lay down on the couch.....2 hours later she wakes me up to say it's time to go.I ask to be taken home because I still don't feel all that well and didn't want to be up till Midnight.......Just wanted to wish my pillow Happy New Years at that point.So I get home and have a glass of OJ........That's when it hit me like a brick.......Cold Sweat,aches,fever........Nothing worse then the Flu for New Years...........Well Sunday I had to go to work......Double Pay and all that I couldn't pass it up....I still felt like crap but I was determined to make it.........Well coughing all day and wishing I could just lay down and Die I made it for the 8 hour shift........But the Bike Ride home almost killed me..........I get home and I feel like I could just die and that's about how I felt for the next 24 hours or so.......Monday I did call into work Dead.......Tuesday I had plans with Alice to finally get me car.....After a few hoops I had to jump through and another 240.00 from the person that is still Bonded to my Sole for Bailing me out in the first place I was able to drive home that afternoon...........So now it's the 5th.....I drove to work today and it's just a nasty Head cold but other then that..........A fine Start to a New Year

1 comment:

Traci said...

And you say that you feel you are not "worth it". Obviously you are worth it because Alice has trust in you and faith too.

Everyone always needs help in their life, please don't be afraid or let pride get in your way of taking it.

Speaking of "taking it", I have your digital, and I'm going to get it in the mail to you soon.

Take care.