Saturday, December 24, 2005

A short Poem........Or something like that

An excerpt from my journal on the 23Dec.95

Twas the night before Christmas and all through the house,not a creature was stirring except for the mouse.
The stockings were hung from the chimney with care,but not for the mouse's because there wouldn't be anything there.
With Ma in her kerchief and I in my cap,I was feeling glad that I had someone on my lap.
The kids were asleep all snug in their bed,knowing they'd get just what they wanted from Santa,because that's what he said.
So out came the mouse with a small pitter patter."Just another day to me,just a little sadder."
He scampered through the house,what a lovable mouse,it's just a shame he felt like such a louse.
I wished and I wished and I thought "could it be?"Had Santa finally come through,for little old me?
So on went the night."It's the meaning for Christmas".That's what the little mouse sought."It's so easy for some,but I must give it more thought."
It's giving not taking.What a wondrous sight,so why little mouse must you put up a fight?
You can look a gift horse straight in the eye,but still as always you'll just wonder why?
And so it is Christmas,that time of the year,when the mouse asks himself."Just why are you here?"
But somebody told him,it might have been St.Nick."There's more to Christmas then just using your Prick"It's joying,and giving,and Learning to share,but all must be done with a great deal of care.
But I do all those things,Can't you see?So I really have to ask,What's in it for me?
I guess what I think,I know what's the matter.Why can't snails have speed like the Mad Hatter?
And I guess that's why,this year,when Santa comes down the chimney with the greatest of ease.The mouse will get something."A small slice of cheese"

And so with that,Santa flew out of sight,saying


MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL AND TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT

No comments: