Sunday, January 29, 2006

That's what Moms do

Don't get me wrong,I love her dearly..................But there are times I'm thankful I'm a 4 hour plane trip and a 3 hour drive away from her.Yesterday Dear Mother took it upon herself to clean my exile...........It's the small porch at the Condo that has a small table,4 chairs(one is broken but works great for a footrest),a plant that I haven't killed yet,2 ashtrays,and a little table ashtray that was an erloom from my grandmother that when they were dividing up the possetions I said I don't want anything else but that ashtray.There was also the small BBQ grill I use that was rusted but still worked for me.Well anyways she washed off the table and if you know Florida it was clean for about 15 minutes it seems but then is dusty again in no time..........Wanted me to run the ashtrays through the dishwasher.......Now this is the same person that if I even thought of lighting a cigarette in the condo....She could smell it from MN......So I said I would not do that because I knew for the next 2 months I would have to listen to her complain that she could taste ash on every dish that came out of the dishwasher ........I also complained that they are only ashtrays and they sit outside anyways....Why should they have to look like new........They're ashtrays............She has also got me a few times now with calling me into the kichen to do something,I'll finish that task,go back to sit down and as soon as I sit she will call me again to do something else.....................and don't get me started with the talking from another room and expecting to be able to hear her...........................

1 comment:

Traci said...

Ah! Welcome home mom!!