Sunday, March 04, 2007

Blind leading the Blind

So........Friday night I left home way early,one,because I wasn't sure how far it was and didn't know what traffic would be like,two.....because I hate to be late for anything...I would rather be 20 minutes early then even 1 minute late.......for anything..

anyways,I show up about a half hour early so I get a seat at the bar and order a drink to take the edge off and to kill time.that's about 5:30 or so and the Date is for 6........at 6 I figure OK...so she's late........6:15 and I start to wonder.......by 6:30 I figure....well.....stood up....figures.......And I decide to step outside to have a smoke and to check my email from my phone.........well she had sent me an email saying she had tried calling twice but I never called her back........well I call her back and find out that the number she had was the wrong number so that explains why I never called her back........so we decide to try again tonight.

Same time,same place.............

Well,once again I was early.........no surprise there really......same thing...I sit at the bar for a cocktail to take the edge off......at 6 I step outside to give her a call and there she is.....She said she had been waiting a few minutes so there we are............Since it was a "First Date" I didn't have to worry that much about the "Art of Small Talk".

Everything went well.....I guess......we talked and had a nice meal.........and plan on doing something again next weekend too.....................so there you have it.......the world didn't end...at least I don't think so.....I didn't go straight to hell....well not yet......I don't think I turned into a pile of stupid.......well not a big one at least...............and yes,I was the gentleman and picked up the check........no Dutch for me...not on the first date at least

There ya have it...that's the story and I'm stickin' to it............

7 comments:

monica said...

Well good...you talked, you made it and there is a second plan in the works. Sounds good!! Keep us posted~

Kingmsmn67 said...

I will......my guess is next sunday.........

Joanne said...

Sounds like a nice first date! :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a good time. See it's not that hard....Don't forget to say Happy Birthday....

Lola said...

Problems I have here:

I get a seat at the bar and order a drink to take the edge off (you want to be sober and have 100% control of things)

I decide to step outside to have a smoke

nuff said

Anonymous said...

Yea for Tom!!! Here's to a second date!

Traci said...

Congrats on the sucessful date Tom!

Here's to the 2nd one!!