Friday, March 23, 2007

TBC TBCd

So I know I should keep my chin up,just keep swimming,look on the bright side......all those happy thoughts.........well when you feel like a pile of chum in a shark tank it gets a little tough.I guess the main thing that really gets me down is that really,for the most part........Of the number of people I know in Florida who on a given day would call up and say "Hay,what cha doing,want to meet at a park or something".......I can count on one finger........I know a few others but they have never,that I can think of,ever called to ask if I wanted to meet up with them........no surprise really........So that's why I was so happy to have a new friend....someone else to be able to hang out with.....if it grew from there,that would have been nice but really just another friend was all I was looking for...............


TBC

On some rare occasions I'm woke up from a dream but this time it was kind of scary...well for me at least and really...I wouldn't call it enlightening,just another reason for Zippy to live up to his Pin Head name.

The dream was interesting as that it was set in the workplace,but there were people from all over my past,some from high school,coworkers from jobs I had many years ago,some from the job I have now,and even a few complete strangers..........Anyways........I had hit it off with a coworker....which in it self is a no-no in my book for too many reasons but that's another story all together.............Anyways........we were talking about about how it was nice to have finally had a date after playing the "Q and A" game back and forth between each other and were in the process of walking across a field...........the back football field from High School non the less......when we were approached by 2 guys.........1 from high school,one from the first job I had flipping burgers at the castle.......and I can't think that ever in my life that I can remember they were ever around me at the same time but in this dream they were............I was telling them that now was not a good time to bother us and they got the picture,in the mean time she had moved a little ways ahead of us.........That's when I made the comment to them "It's Plausible Deni ability"(sounds like a Republican Scapegoat phrase to me)............"I'll try is once,see how it goes,and if it works we'll move on from there"........at that point she starting running....I caught up to her and she had tears running down her face...she was pissed,and hurt too......She smacked me on the forehead and said "Zippy,you really do have Foot in mouth disease don't you........You just don't think sometimes what you're saying before it comes out of your mouth.........You're a warm wonderful guy that any lady would be more then happy to be around but there are times that you just don't think........If it's not a statement with a sexual innuendo attached to it,it's a smart ass comment or just a plain stupid statement"........

That's when I woke up.........and for the most part she's right...........I did it the other day with Alice and she called me on it...........She knew,from knowing me,that it was just a plain stupid statement on my part that I had made and that I just didn't think before it came out of my mouth but by saying it I could have been crapping a Reebok because my foot was so far in my mouth.


And she's right.........far too often I don't think about my actions before I make them.......maybe that's why I truly enjoy the life of the mouse I lead sometimes............



TBC

http://www.wikihow.com/Sweep-a-Girl-off-Her-Feet

12 comments:

monica said...

aw, now you're just making me sad - you need to get out there and meet more people - orlando is a big place, you just have to look for new friends, not sure they're going to just show up on your door step - go to social functions - gotta find out here the single people hang out... and please don't say only in bars...

Anonymous said...

Yep, gotta get out there. For years I was at home with the kids and all my friends were online. last few years we've been able to get out and be 'social' it sometimes takes awhile, but we have our 'group' now. I love it.

Kingmsmn67 said...

I know I have to get out and do that.....I try at church but even there I just don't seem to fit in....either I'm too old for the Young Adult group or way too young for the older croud.......

Anonymous said...

Hmm maybe you should try joining a club or league around. You never know who you will meet.

Traci said...

Have you ever thought of going back to school or taking some sort of adult class? You can meet peeps with your same intersts?

Plus, just when you least expect it, you will find someone, I'm telling you. I'm an example of that and I know a certain dress wearing ex friend of yours who is also an example of that.

monica said...

agree with all the above...need to find people who share the same interests, i know there is more than the mouse and the king ...

taking a class is a good idea, church is an excellent idea (bigger churches tend to have a more varied group age range, our church has a singles program divided into college/early career...30 somethings, 40 somethings, 50+.....) look online for church websites in your area and singles activities in them, they're always doing something fun

i do sympathize with you though, i am such a home body and have to make myself get out with my friends...i can't imagine living somewhere where i didn't grow up, being single and having a job where i worked nights...that has to make it hard to meet people too... you can do it though, just gotta keep swimming....

double hugs to you~


((and for the record....that whole added section confused the heck out of me....and i'm usually pretty good at reading flamingo code...))

Joanne said...

Yeah!! ...huh??

Kingmsmn67 said...

I woke up at 3:30 in the morning after going to bed at about 1 after a dream.....they say you're supost to write them down.....well that's what I did....

Joanne said...

I was watching Greg Behrendt's talk show (of "He's Not That Into You" fame...Sex in the City...never mind....). Anyway, he had a very good point that I really feel is true. If you are unhappy with yourself, you really put that out there in the universe. People pickup that vibe. His point is if you're not happy with yourself, make changes so you are! I know it can become a vicious circle. But realize that having someone in your life won't truly make you happy. There are many people who are VERY unhappy and are in committed relationships. I really buy into being happy with yourself and the rest will come! Sorry if that's too "self-help book"!

Joanne said...

P.S. I watch the show all the time. You'd think I'd learn by now that it's called Sex AND the City.

Anonymous said...

hey, what's the latest???

Terry said...

well, i'm not going to coddle you, if you know you put your foot in your mouth....stop it! Get involved, work on things you know need fixing and get a new attitude. People dont like being around people on a pity party, get involved with things, volunteer anywhere and you'll meet plenty of nice people. They come in all shapes and sizes and get to know them before you judge them.